About Our School
Sunnybeam School is one of the true traditions on Mercer Island. We operate in the historic Lakeview School building, which was built in 1918 to house eight grades of Mercer Island students. In 1988, the building was entered on the National Register of Historic Places.
Nuki Fellows and Eleanor Wolf started the preschool in 1957, continuing it until Ms. Fellows' retirement in 1984. Nuki remained actively involved with the school, attending many school events and serving as an honorary board member until she passed away in August of 2009. She is greatly missed by all who had the good fortune to come to know her.
Click HERE to read more about the history of our school.